Easy, Candice

'Sonia Lipenolch' gave a perfect version of what I mean in miniature:

"Dave, Alison,

this is a Mandarin exchange. Can you be just normal to each other?
;)

erminia"

Now was that a joke, an insult or just a spoiler to stop discussion? Who can
tell? There's no sure point of reference in the message, no framework of
signification for anyone but 'Erminia' or the 'Oxford Beat' or whoever
writes those posts to know. But it certainly did a good job on the latter.

Best

Dave

David Bircumshaw

Leicester, England