From: "N.J.R. Pattison" <[log in to unmask]>

> The "Rook" in the quotation you gave, Robin, pertains - obviously -
> to Sir Jack Daw. Bofe members of the crow familiy, innit. The wind <>ucker
> to Sir Amorous La Foole.

Later, the carrion crew runs in a neat hierarchy in _Volpone_.  Descending
in size: raven, rook, crow:  Voltore, Corbaccio, Corvino.

With Lady Politic (kite -- once bird-of-prey but by 1606, a carrion-eater in
the London streets) and Sir Pol (popinjay/parrot) both off on the edge.

All the other names (Volpone, Mosca, Bonnario, Celia) code in to non-bird