Doug Clark said,

>This business of writing poetry seems an illusion to me

Hey, Doug-- as to "beautiful minds," that phrase occured to me a
few times as I read your posts on poetry and linguistics last week.

On the above remark by you, if I may: The business of writing
poetry seems an illusion to me, too. Henry's post just now about
poetry's Being possibly *being* the adding of meaning to the
meaning of meaning is another way, maybe, of saying that poetry
is an illusion. A beautiful illusion, with terrible ghosts hiding in the
attic.

A question: Do you think poetry is any more an illusion than
mathematics?

Kent