I got to Henry's message re entering another world through
the language in the poem which contains the reader.
This suspension of belief in the extraneous seems to me
to be at the centre of all art. I suppose it is what
imagination is all about. I suppose this is a limitation
of Derrida's view that nothing exists but the text because
through it you can pass into a wonderful world.

Wouldnt it be great if each of us in our lives could
write just one such poem. But that would be asking a lot.

Douglas Clark, Bath, England           mailto: [log in to unmask]
Lynx: Poetry from Bath  ..........  http://www.bath.ac.uk/~exxdgdc/lynx.html