Me, I prefered the slippage also - Ubu rules!

I liked Hamilton Finlay's phrase "being in the outside"; and his use
of the word "wicked", in its old fashioned sense, amused me.  His
insistence on classicism and the living past should perhaps give
pause to any sense that poetry moving outside its own delimited
artform is a new idea - and also his refusal to do anything for any
reason except that he is moved to.  He most certainly refuses the
idea that considerations of reactions to his work have any bearing on
what he does.  I admire that.

Best

--

Alison Croggon