David,

I very much enjoyed your poem - reminded me of the space and clutter and pace
of visiting elderly relatives in provincial england as a child.  After
snapshots of vivid detail you have  'You enjoy / an aunt's belated accolades.
Choice.' which I think is marvellous.  It's a change of pace and focus which is
so sudden and entirely appropriate.  Like eyesight moving about.  And it keeps
doing it - big/small, near/far.  Sorry to lift bits out if it bothers you, but
this is my favourite:

                        You were born
on a rocky ridge pocked by quarries -
there's no perspective