Dear Josie,

>Agreed. I was interested in the opportunity to see the
>rescue teams in action, its organisation etc. THe doco
>showed this in a most honest fashion. The looks on the guys
>faces, waiting to be sent up, said it all. Haunting.
>
>Excellent filmaking, but I wish I could get it out of my
>head now.

Thanks for your comments about the film. It's ironic that the filmmakers
wanted to show the rookie fireman facing his first fire and ended up
filming the worst fire in the history of New York. The footage from when
the Towers collapsed was haunting as well: it's incredible that the cameras
kept shooting.

The BBC broke the film at 10 PM to show the news. I caught part of Right to
Reply: several people complained about the amount of coverage about 9-11,
and several complained about the interruption of the film. I found it
annoying myself. The spokesperson for the channel said they had to show the
news at 10 and couldn't start the film any earlier than 8:30 because of the
"strong language": if they began the film earlier than the strong language
would have occurred before 9 PM and that would have upset some viewers. I
wonder how they make their decisions at the BBC: the film had warnings at
the start anyway.

Yours,

Ivy