I am delighted that there is going to be more Earthsea to read.
It was hinted at in the press here but no details of publication
were given.

Tonight I am taking a break from LOTR to read out of the two
Passchendaele books I picked up today. My uncle died there.
I dont have the greatest urgency with LOTR.

Today in a pub I was chatting with the Bath WAterstones children
books manager and we were extoling Philip Pullman. It is a pity
he couldnt pull all his threads together in the final volume
but it is still a brilliant piece of work. It seems he is Welsh
rather than Oxford.

The TV programme on Iris Murdoch last night was exceptionally
good. Do I really need to see the film now? The only book of
hers I have upstairs is 'Metaphysics as a guide to morals'
which was too boring to finish.

Douglas Clark, Bath, England           mailto: [log in to unmask]
Lynx: Poetry from Bath  ..........  http://www.bath.ac.uk/~exxdgdc/lynx.html