At 6:10 PM -0400 26/6/02, [log in to unmask] wrote:

>the old method of
>sending em away to boarding school has much to be desired
>

>I couldnt contemplate this!  Some of the happiest times of our
>family life have been in the last few years, now both my kids are on
>the verge of adulthood and we can hang out in cafes, visit Paris and
>talk about books together.  I love it and there is no way I could
>ever contemplate sending my children away!

I feel the same, Liz.  It's so absolutely rewarding seeing these
children become adult, think their own thoughts and start to make
good (as opposed to completely appalling) jokes. Both my oldest kids
like writing, which is unsurprising I guess in our house, and I'd be
happy if they never lost that, partly because it's such a pleasure to
see what they come up with.  They're beginning to learn things I
never knew, and they're full of surprises.  Most of the time it's
enormous fun.

Best

"The only real revolt is the revolt against war."
                                        Albert Camus

Alison Croggon
Home page
http://www.users.bigpond.com/acroggon/