Re: Meeting in town

Well, while we're talking "fat" - I used to be quite buxom, but when I had my first child I lost about a stone and a half, which I didn't recover for some years.  I hated it.  I've no idea how much I weigh, probably about nine stone, but under eight stone didn't feel very good to me - I hated having skinny shoulders and was so glad when they filled out again.  And I have the usual dimpled adipose deposits for a woman my age.

I have been quite paranoid with my daughter about this whole issue, ever since she came home from kindergarten aged four and refused to eat dinner because she was "fat".  It's pernicious.  I have emphasised physical strength and health as a feminine ideal, and perhaps anathemised skinniness a little, well, if she's going to be brainwashed it might as well be that way...  And I had real trouble when she went through the Barbie doll stage (she got her Barbies and survived)

Best

Alison

 Dear Liz and Alison,

compromizing my would-be starvations is my  daily
practise and preoccupation.
But, you both are thin, are you not? (Actually Liz you are the perfect weight, neither thin nor
un-thin: medium). And Alison looks preatty thin in the photo on the web.
My preset weigh is 8 stones and half (55 kilos)but my ideal is to become transparent.

love, Erminia