At 08:18 AM 10/8/2002 +0200, Ken Friedman wrote:
>The second reason I withdrew was the injection of politics. The
>Marxist critical studies perspective can tend toward propaganda. This
>has a history that goes back to Marx himself. Comparing Marx¹s
>published writings with his original sources demonstrates that he
>deliberately fudged his carefully compiled statistics and purposely
>misquoted his sources. He advocated lying to win arguments when other
>methods failed to work and he despised the working class whose
>interests he claimed to serve. Your Marxist critique left me
>wondering what interests you serve when you question other list
>members on political and economic grounds.

Excellent critique of Marx. While Marx was pretty systematic thinker, his
weak point was the interjection of personal political agenda that defied
his sound logic and practically made him a scam artist. A focused reading
of his Das Kapital can unveil the manipulations he did to promote his
agenda. However, it should be noted, that by the end of his life he was
disenchanted with himself, not to mention with his followers who pushed his
agenda and approach to absolute absurdness. Twentieth century revolutionary
Marxism is an even more deformed version of the original thoughts. And it
is more openly aggressive as well.

Lubomir