Dear Michael and others

I have nothing to say to the interesting question :"Does knowledge disappear
as it is converted into action and design, or does it persist as a consitutent
part of design but perhaps bearing a different name ("tacit knowledge"?)"; but
I will be delighted if someone esle does.

What I think I can say a little bit more is the potential usefulness of this
distinction between 'change' and 'movement' for articulating designing. And
this is where I also like to hear your ideas.

In the course of study, i have come across terms such as 'knowledge
application',  'knowledge transfer'... and i am not sure if these terms aptly
describe the process of 'from knowledge to designs'.

My hunch is that the terms 'transfer' and 'application' imply a movement. I
think 'from knowledge to designs' is a transformation, a change that is much
less straightforward, less deductive, less matter-of-factly, less certain, and
less predictable than what 'transfer' and 'application' imply.

I think the distinction between 'change' and 'movement' can be useful in
putting the discussion of teaching, learning and using scientific methods or
scientific data (either quantative or qualitative interpreted under any
paradigm of inquiry) in design in perspective.

Best Regards, Rosan

Micahael said

--
Rosan Chow