Of course there are varied teachable methodologies for writing poems, all of
which call for intensity of introspection (the last part I am not sure of) but
none of the methodologies guarantee a magnificent poem as the outcome, just a
poem which is structured or processed according to a methodology. And practice
is part of the methodologies. If you were really serious about wanting to
become a poet then we could discuss further, but I assume you are being
facetious.

When we go from unconscious-incompetence to conscious-incompetence to conscious
competence to unconscious competence we have internalised the learning of
something. How we do that is varied.

The preceding is my view, my own experience, and observation of students.
Jan

>If anyone of you knows about a methodology for writing poems, please call
>me. I am eager to become a poet. And so are my students.

Jan Coker
Lecturer in Industrial Design
Louis Laybourne Smith School of Architecture and Design
City West Campus, North Terrace
Adelaide, South Australia 5000
Telephone: +61 8 8302 0421
Facsimile: +61 8 8302 0211