RESEARCH INTO PRACTICE 2002
UNIVERSITY OF HERTFORDSHIRE

***ABSTRACTS NOW ONLINE***

YOU ARE INVITED TO ATTEND THE CONFERENCE

The theme this year is the concept of "knowledge" in art and design. Various e-mail discussion lists have ben active on this topic recently, and the strong response to our earlier call for papers has resulted in a programme that will be both lively and focused. We have attracted speakers from nine different countries, and Norma Starszakowna (London Institute) and Andrew Harrison (Bristol) will present keynote papers.

For full details and travel information visit either
http://www.artdes.herts.ac.uk/res2prac/confhome.htm
or
http://www.michaelbiggs.org.uk/res2prac/confhome.htm
We have been able to hold the conference fee at 125 GBP, and introduce a special reduced fee for students of 65 GBP. Once again, there will be a themed exhibition in the gallery, good food and opportunities for networking all day, and a social event after the conference closes. We are able to offer reasonably-priced accommodation, or help you to find a local hotel.

If you are unable to attend but would like to recommend the conference to your colleagues, please forward this message.

Conference Organiser
Michael Biggs <[log in to unmask]>

Dr Michael A R Biggs
Reader in Visual Communication
Faculty of Art and Design
University of Hertfordshire
College Lane,
Hatfield, Herts. AL10 9AB
United Kingdom

Telephone UK+ (0)1707 285341
Fax UK+ (0)1707 285350
E-mail [log in to unmask]
Internet http://www.herts.ac.uk/artdes/practice/creac/

The full postgraduate prospectus is available online at
http://www.herts.ac.uk/

For information about art and design research degrees go to
http://www.artdes.herts.ac.uk/res2prac/resdegs/resindex.htm

Research into Practice conference
http://www.artdes.herts.ac.uk/res2prac/confhome.htm

The journal  Working Papers in Art and Design
http://www.artdes.herts.ac.uk/papers/wpades/

The Centre for Research in Electronic Art and Communication is at
http://www.herts.ac.uk/artdes/practice/creac/