I too worked for the Police Services and the only case of body lice I came
across was a cross infection between officers.  This occurred when a team of
officers were on a covert surveillance job and were working around the clock.
 The bed in the house was used by all the officers on a rotational basis as
it was a 24 hour job.  Therefore as one officer got out of the nice warm
sweaty bed (sorry), another would literally get straight in, without knowing
what was lurking in the sheets!  Just thought this may be something that you
may want to consider as well.  By the way, we did the usual treatment of all
concerned, stopped them sharing hand towels and bed linen etc, and gave the
standard advice regarding laundering and ironing of linen and also advice
regarding their domestic set ups outside of work.

Regards

Maxine Oliver
OHN Consultant