Dear All,

We are using a 193 nm excimer laser to produce alkyl radicals from ketones for some alkylperoxy radical kinetics studies.  We haven’t been to able locate published values for the 193 nm absorption cross-sections for the ketones.  We would be most interested in values for acetone, diethyl ketone (3-pentanone), and diisopropyl ketone (2,4-dimethyl-3-pentanone).  But if anyone knew of a good general reference for these values, I’d love to have that too. My grad student says she has tried the obvious sources (Okabe, Setser, etc.)  We’d be grateful for any help that anyone could provide.  Please reply directly to me at [log in to unmask].

Thanks,

Dean Atkinson

Dean B. Atkinson

Assistant Professor