To those of you with more experience with Spectra Physics than I,

We purchased SP yags about 9 months ago. In less than 6 months, one of
the pockel cells has been burned. I am now becoming acquainted with the
pockel cell prices (and I suspect the true profit centers of SP). Over
7000.- to replace a pockel cell that has two burned windows. I suspect
that there are people out there that have also run this gauntlet and
perhaps found solutions that do not involve being extorted. Please let
me know if you have found a sollution, second sources or home made
solutions. I would be very grateful.

Thanks,
Alec Wodtke