A PhD position is vacant in the Computational Dispersion Rheology group
of Prof W.J. Briels, University of Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands.

Your research topic will be the simulation of the phase separation
process of polymers in solution, on the microscopic and the mesoscopic
level. The simulation methods might include molecular dynamics (MD),
dissipative particle dynamics (DPD) and twentanglement (an algorithm
we have developed to explicitly incorporate polymer entanglements in a
coarse grained model). We would like to start working on this project
in the autumn of 2002.

You will join a young and active simulation group, with 1 professor,
1 postdoc and 6 PhD students. For further information regarding the
position, the group and our research interests, please look at
http://www.tn.utwente.nl/cdr, or contact us directly.

We are looking for a candidate with a background in physics and/or
chemistry. Prior experience with computers and simulations is
welcomed, but not a prerequisite. Foreign candidates are encouraged
to learn Dutch.

Your salary starts at 1675 euro per month (before taxes) in the first
year, and rises to 2050 euro per month in the fourth year.
Your formal employer will be the FOM foundation.

Please send your application, with a curriculum vitae and two
references, to [log in to unmask] or
Prof. W.J. Briels
Physics Dept.
University of Twente