I have come across a reference to an "Admiralty contract" for Rangeworthy Colliery in the 1880's.  The reference is from an elderly local in 1945 but I can find no documents to confirm this.

I did come across these references on the A2A site http://www.a2a.pro.gov.uk but nothing to do with what I am looking for.

Any suggestions?

Regards

DAVID HARDWICK

Wiltshire Record Office

Reference: 947/56/57
Creation dates: 1905

Scope and Content

Naval steam-coal supplies.

Reference: 947/699
Creation dates: February, May, June, 1919

Scope and Content

Copies of three letters from Long to Bonar Law M.P. dealing with the possibility of disturbances in the Royal Navy as a result of inflammatory speeches in the country, February, 1919; the police strike, May 1919; unrest throughout the country caused by government restrictions on the sale of beer, with Law's acknowledgement, June 1919.

Also includes a letter from Admiral H.F.P. Sinclair, Director of Naval Intelligence, to Long about restrictions on beer being used to create discontent in the Royal Navy, and a letter from G.E. Baylis of Wath-upon-Dearne, Nr. Rotherham, Yorkshire, commenting on unrest among coal miners in his neighbourhood caused by beer controls, June 1919.

Which Some might find interesting.