From: David Kitching <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, March 29, 2002 4:57 PM
Subject: Lamp Trimmer's Friend

Whilst browsing through the accounts for Poynton Collieries in 1889 I found
an entry for one "Lamp Trimmer's Friend" at 5 guineas. Does anyone have any
idea just what this fine sounding device did and whether there are any
illustrations to be seen?

At 5 guineas I would expect it to be a substantial item rather than a small
hand tool.

Cheers,
--
                  fearrmeox adlaž bręgen