Have you ever personally seen any stereographs or cartes de
visite of the British coal mining or encounterd collectors
in your study experience? I would appreciate it very much
if you could give me any information or advice.

I have been interested in the contacts and conflicts between
the working classes and the Upper/Middle classes in the
photographic media: stereographs, cartes de visite, lantern
slides and postcards. I started to collect them concerning the
British coal mining.  I bought postcards and have been collecting
copies of some stereographs of an American mine, two cartes de visite
of Wigan woman workers, and several lantern slides to see in the
Museum of Science and Industry in Manchester and the National Coal
Mining Museum in Wakefield. I keep inquiring of other Museums and
archives, but I have not had encounterd many so far, especially
stereographs and cartes are difficult to find. I presume that there
must have been less stereographs of the mining industry in Britain than
in the U.S. and generally speaking, the purposes of their use were
limited in the Upper and Middle classes' study or travelogue,
although I have not found any concreate research result on the issue:
to what extent the British working classes committed themselves to the
stereograph and the carte de visite. (There are some slight references
or clues.)