Jane, my doctoral work was looking at midwifery indicators and outcomes.
Although the work is yet unfinished, I would be happy to discuss it further.

There is a deal of difficulty in differentiating between medical and midwifery outcomes, and I found that for both of  these groups the ultimate outcome is "healthy mother, healthy baby" and the indicators linked to this.
The main difference between midwifery and medicine is not in the ultimate aim, but in the process, and so I am finding that process indicators are much more relevant, e.g. the use of chemical pain management is one example.

Happy to discuss this further if its useful.
Rosalee

>>> [log in to unmask] 12/17/02 06:33PM >>>
I have forwarded this message on behalf of a query to ICM. Please send replies to list and I will collate, and return to the list and the original sender.
Jane Sandall - list moderator