-----Original Message-----
From: A forum for discussion on midwifery and reproductive health
research. [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Lykke
Poulsen
Sent: Sábado, 05 de Enero de 2002 07:42 a.m.
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Trial of non-suturing underway

Hello,
We are a group af students from the Danish School of Midwifery. We are
about
to write an assignment about the topic; "Not suturing perineal trauma
is
safe". In order to do that, we have read an article in "The Practising
Midwife" July/August 1999, Volume 2, Number 7, named "Trial of
non-suturing
underway" written by Susan Calvert, Researc midwife and Suzanne Hagen,
statistician. In the article they talk about the SUNS-study ( Sutured
Versus
Unsutured), which is ar large randomized controlled study including
300
women. The study is/was funded by the Chief Scientist Office og the
Scottish
Office. They wrote in 1999 that the study was underway, and now are we
very
interested to hear if it is publiced yet and if any og you have heard
og
read about it.
We hope that some of you will be able to help us.

Cincerely
Lykke Poulsen and Lisa Wienecke Andersen
You can reach us at the following adresses:

[log in to unmask]      or