Hallo,
Members might be interested in a new series of books - 'Debating Matters'-
just published in the UK, and one in particular that I've contributed to.

It's called 'Alternative Medicine: Should we swallow it?' and 'my' essay
(one of five)is entitled 'Nursing Irrationality'. It takes a critical look
at Complementary and Alternative Medicine, at 'Therapeutic Touch' in
particular, its integration into healthcare and its promotion to the public,
by UK nurses.

Other topcs in the 'Debating Matters' series, published by Hodder and
Stoughton in association with the Institute of Ideas, include:
Teenage Sex: What should schools teach children?
Designer Babies: Where should we draw the line?
Art: What is it good for?
Science: Can we trust the experts?
Natures Revenge? Hurricanes, floods and climate change
The Internet: Brave new world?
Compensation Crazy: Do we blame and claim too much?

The books are available in bookshops like WHS and Waterstones, for £5.99.
They're also available from Amazon online.
The Amazon link is:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/202-2149055-9007063,
or direct from the Institute of Ideas - [log in to unmask]
Tel 020 7269 9220.
Enjoy! Feedback welcome.

Regards
Brid (Hehir)