**Apologies for cross-posting**

IMPACT EVALUATION RESEARCH

Resource: the Council for Museums, Archives and Libraries provides strategic guidance, advice and advocacy across the whole of government on museum, archive and library matters. We have an annual budget of around £23 million and an ambitious agenda which aims to enhance substantially the profile of the domains within our remit.

As part of its aim to demonstrate the long term impact of the museums, archives and libraries sector on society and the economy it would like to commission two pieces of ground-clearing research.

1) The Available Evidence project will identify and synthesise what impact evaluation evidence already exists; identify and describe critically the different methodologies that have been used; identify gaps and make recommendations for next steps.

2) The Quantitative Time Series Data project will identify all existing quantitative data collected on a regular basis that relates to the sector; highlight the social and economic indicators offered by these data; identify gaps and provide recommendations.

Copies of the full tender documents can be obtained from:

Tynan Rodger, Grant Project Leader, Resource,16 Queen Anne's Gate, London SW1H 9AA; tel: 020 7273 1452; email: [log in to unmask]

The documents can also be downloaded from the Resource website at:

www.resource.gov.uk/information/tenders/00contracts.asp

Closing date for receipt of bids is 27 February 2002.