From: Museums Computer Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Stephen Lowy Essex Museum Off ERO LS
Sent: 16 January 2002 10:08
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Social History, New Technology and a seminar!

Maybe somebody can help?

I am looking for some suggestions about a venue and case studies for a seminar on New Technology for Social History Curators.  To give you a little background...

I am one of the Seminar organisers for the Social History Curators Group, and I am beginning to work on developing a seminar about New Technology developments in relation to social history curatorship (mindful of your Stoke bash) - the seminar is likely to be in Autumn - the social history twist is quite important, especially as the potential audience may not be completely fluent with the latest IT developments in the museum world.

However any such seminar would need to cover latest collection management projects as well as public access projects, and perhaps hopefully a project that combined both!! - but were of course relevant to the social history discipline!

Many moons ago I organised a new technologies seminar for the SHCG in Croydon (96), some or you may have gone or even spoke, but I am aware technology and agendas have moved on quite a bit since then!!

Stephen Lowy
Seminar Organiser
Social History Curators Group

Essex Record Office
Wharf Road
Chelmsford
CM2  6YT
Tel: 01245 244 612
Fax: 01245 244 655

This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended only for the recipient(s) named above.  It may contain confidential or privileged information and should not be read, copied or otherwise used by any other person unless express permission is given.  If you are not a named recipient, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail from your system. It is the recipient's responsibility to ensure that appropriate measures are in place to check for software viruses.