Dear Colleagues,
Apologies if you pick this up on other lists

We will be advertising the following vacancy for an archivist in the NRA this month.  We know
that there is a shortage of trained people at the moment, so we might be
willing to sponsor a suitable candidate through training.  If you know of
anyone who might be interested, please suggest they get in touch with us.
Many thanks,
Wendy Sudbury

Dr Wendy Sudbury
Director, Church of England Records Centre

Archivist/Archives Assistant
Bermondsey

  18 months fixed term
£18,102 - 20,142 pa plus pension

The Church of England Records Centre holds current and archival records,
including deeds, dating back to 1704.  As part of ongoing modernisation
(including £0.8m building refurbishment) we are now upgrading collections
care.  We seek a highly motivated Archivist/Archives Assistant to sort,
appraise and catalogue up to 8 specified file series (financial and
property).
Essential
* Educated to degree level with post-graduate archive-related
qualifications (or a willingness to work towards them whilst in post)
* Experience with Word and Excel, databases, with good keyboard skills
* Good communicator, self-starter, team player

Desirable
* Knowledge of Idealist
* Knowledge of standards for archives cataloguing
* Project management skills
* Interest in the administrative history of the Church of England
and/or ownership & administration of land and property.

For an informal discussion please contact Dr Wendy Sudbury, Director, Church
of England Records Centre. Tel 0207 7898 1030.  Or request an application
pack from:  Sue Watson, HR Department for the National Church Institutions,
Church House, Great Smith Street, London SW1P 3NZ.  Tel: 020 7898 1172
E-mail [log in to unmask] or visit our website www.cofe.anglican.org/
<http://www.cofe.anglican.org/>

Closing date for application: 10th January 2003