I have just been informed by JISCmail that an upgrade to the list server
is scheduled for July 9th. This will cause the service to be unavailable
for a few hours that day but the changes should be beneficial for all list
members. These improvements will include

- Subscriber Profile Page: Subscribers can manage all their list
subscriptions on a single screen.
- Enhanced Attachment Filter: List owners can choose which types of
attachments may or may not be posted to their lists.
- New Content Filter: List owners can set LISTSERV  to reject
postings that include specified words or phrases.

In advance of the changes, your list owners are open to suggestions as to
which types of attachment should be allowed, and which words or phrases
(careful now!) should trigger rejection of a posting. I can think of
quite a few possibilities for the latter.......

Suggestions can be made either to ourselves at [log in to unmask]
or, if sufficiently amusing, to the list as a whole.

--
Ian

Ian O. Morrison, Scottish Museums Documentation Officer
http://ianmorrison.topcities.com/index.htm
Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt