Dear Arnoud,
I think this book must be referring to Dr. Stanley Mylrea, an English
doctor and missionary born around 1876, who spent many years in
Kuwait, where he died in 1952. There is some information about him in
"Doctor Mary in Arabia" by Mary Bruins Allison (University of Texas
Press, 1994, pp. 38-43 ), which confirms that he wrote a memoir of
his life in Kuwait.
Paul.

----------------------
Paul Auchterlonie