. . . that a couple of weeks ago the library's scruffy lean-to behind BMA
House suffered an unexpected power cut which put paid to our online
catalogue for several days.  The original problem has been tracked down to
our emergency power supply units (which are, of course meant to protect us
fromt his sort of thing not dump extra loads of it on our heads).

So next Sunday morning, Feb 10th, we will be in wreaking our revenge on
said units.  Junior staff will be administering a Rab C Nesbit-style
kicking while the Librarian will be waving his whiskey bottle at them in a
portentous manner and generally behaving like the bishop in Father Ted.
All of which means that all BMA online services will be down for a couple
of hours in the morning and you won't be able to while away that tedious
gap between 87-way Family Favourites and Highlights From Day 71 Of The
Winter Olympics by looking up our journals catalogue to see if we have the
Journal or Implausible Sicknotes back to 1879.

Sorry bout dat now, as Father Dougal would say.

the system manager ([log in to unmask])

www.bma.org.uk