From: Annette Moore [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 15 July 2002 13:32
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: HAYS DX Transport Scheme

At the University of Sussex we have been using HAYS DX transport scheme
since the closure of the LASER Transport scheme in September last year.
Inititally we were quite pleased with the service having received full
doucmentation and information about the service and having a "dedicated
customer support representative" to ring if there was a problem.
However....when ever we do have a problem, our representative has left
or moved to another section and our call gets passed from one person to
another.  One of the main concerns lately has been the late arrival or
non-arrival of our monthly invoice.  When I do the monthly statistics at
the end of each month, I often have to ring HAYS DX to ASK for the
invoice so I can include the postal figure in our monthly statistics!
Have any other libraries found this problem with HAYS?

Another problem has been the delivery of PO BOX items through HAYS DX.
Several University Libraries have a PO BOX number in their address which
we didn't think was a problem, until recently we sent an item addressed
to a University with a PO Box through HAYS and the item never arrived.
When I contacted HAYS about this they said that they do not deliver to
PO BOX numbers but just pass the item onto the GPO.  Several
conversations later with HAYS DX, it appears they do deliver to some PO
Boxes, but not to others - what concerned me was that they didn't return
the item to us if they were unable to deliver. According to their
description of service for Undeliverable items - they say that if they
are unable to deliver items due to "insufficient address information"
the local Service Centre will contact the customer via Customer
Services. This situation is ongoing with HAYS but has given rise to
concern.  Again, can I ask if other libraries have had problems with
deliveries to PO Boxes or do you not use HAYS DX for PO Box numbers?

Annette Moore

Annette Moore
Interlibrary Requests
University of Sussex Library