We have different User Categories.  'External'
would immediatly mean that the 'Number of
Requests field' is set to Zero, where as, a
student who was registered as a 'Full time
Under-GRad' would have the number of requests
automatically set to 100. All requests are
checked against the user record before being
processed, and a fund code allocated.

St. Matthias Library, University of the West Of
England

On Wed, 6 Nov 2002 11:57:49 +0000 Penny Roberts
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Many thanks to everyone who responded to my questions about the
> services offered to different categories of readers.  We will be
> posting a summary here shortly.
>         In the meantime it has lead us to ask yet another question.
> 61% of respondants do not offer an ILL service to non-members of their
> university/department.  Of those that do offer an ILL service many
> charge extra to certain categories.
>         So the question is this: If you offer different services to
> different categories of users (eg visiting or retired academics who
> have purchased a library ticket, visiting students from other
> institutions, commercial users) how do you distinguish between them and
> police the system?
>
> Penny
> -------------------
> Penny Roberts
> Document Supply Department
> Radcliffe Science Library
> Oxford University
> requests: [log in to unmask]

Richardson, Jo (Pheena)
Inter-library Loans Assistant - St Matthias Library

Email: [log in to unmask]
ext: 4394 (0117 3444394)

University of the West of England