Many thanks to everyone who responded to my questions about the
services offered to different categories of readers.  We will be
posting a summary here shortly.
        In the meantime it has lead us to ask yet another question.
61% of respondants do not offer an ILL service to non-members of their
university/department.  Of those that do offer an ILL service many
charge extra to certain categories.
        So the question is this: If you offer different services to
different categories of users (eg visiting or retired academics who
have purchased a library ticket, visiting students from other
institutions, commercial users) how do you distinguish between them and
police the system?

Penny
Penny Roberts
Document Supply Department