I'm using FTS to load MARC21 records supplied from BNB.  All the
records exist in basic form in the system having been created at
the acquistions stage.  The problem I'm having is that the ISBN
field will not overlay when it has extraneous information such as
(pbk.) and/or price information. Out of a file of 91 records only 22
have been overlaid which is a large amount of tinkering.   I have
seen that there is a known issue with ISBN validation failing with
additional numerical information in this field but is there some way
of forcing the overlay that I haven't found?  I have found the manual
of little help on this subject.

I'm using m2btab.b and the ISBN is set to
BIBLIOGRAPHIC        ISBN/ISSN(i)         020-024    ALL

Thanks for your help.

Catherine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Catherine O'Sullivan