*Apologies for cross posting*

Gerry,

Thank you for your interest in IOP's search results clustering option,
courtesy of the Vivisimo clustering engine.

The option is available via the search page of our Electronic Journals
service at http://www.iop.org/EJ/search.  This means that anyone searching
our content, i.e. both subscribers and non-subscribers of our Electronic
Journals, can receive their search results organized by topic, rather than
in the long, unwieldy lists which are the norm in electronic publishing.
Our aim in providing this option is to help our users to find articles of
interest more efficiently.

As clustering technology is relatively new, our application of it is
something of an experiment.  Users might find that Vivisimo produces some
highly useful topic clusters.  They might find others surprising.  We are
therefore welcoming user feedback.  The option has been very well received
so far.

Further information on search results clustering, including how it works,
can be found online at:

http://www.iop.org/EJ/help/-topic=vivisimo/

If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact
me.

Many thanks,

Lucy Pearce
Senior Product Manager
Institute of Physics Publishing

http://www.iop.org

*About Vivisimo*
The Vivisimo Web site at http://vivisimo.com has won two awards from Search
Engine Watch for the meta-search and document clustering technologies
showcased there. The Pittsburgh-based company was founded in June 2000 by
research computer scientists from Carnegie Mellon University and has been
funded by the National Science Foundation, private investors and Innovation
Works, a publicly funded venture capital organization.  For further
information, please contact Dennis Brestensky at [log in to unmask]

On Mon, 2 Sep 2002 15:42:46 -0500 Gerry Mckiernan