Apologies for cross-posting.

I just thought I'd draw your attention to the Topic Map in the new-look
HighWire site at http://highwire.stanford.edu (or
http://intl.highwire.org/).

It provides an interactive map of subject terms. You find the top level
heading that you are interested in and then 'pull' that into the centre of
your view to see its related headings. You can see whether a given subject
term has subheadings and you can hide or show these by toggling a +/- icon.
You can then double-click a subject heading to see the papers in HighWire
that are indexed with this term. (I found that I sometimes had to hide the
subheadings for this to work). The top-level term, Topics, is always
visible so you can always find your way back to the start. A very nice way
of navigating through the subject terms of biomedical subjects. And great
fun to collapse all the subheadings of 'Topics' and watch the 'big crunch'!

There, I beat Gerry McKiernan to it! ;-)

Terry Bucknell
Electronic Resources Manager
Harold Cohen Library
University of Liverpool
PO Box 123 Liverpool L69 3DA

Tel: +44 (0)151 794 5408  Fax: +44 (0)151 794 5417
Email: [log in to unmask]