At King's College London, we also share the views and
concerns expressed concerning the changes to Blackwell
Journals and their pricing arrangements.  We have
subscribed to the STM package for several years and find
ourselves faced with a 20% price rise to maintain this
collection.

The new tiered pricing for print/online subscriptions is an
added complication, which we are still trying to sort out
with the aid of limited/non-existent usage statistics.  We
are also being asked to pay twice over for some online
access, if we have a standard subscription + a subscription
to any of the packages.  Why is there no print only tier or
discounted print rates, if a package is subscribed
to?

Sue Edwards,
Journals Services
King's College London,