From: Dunia Garcia-Ontiveros
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 11 June 2002 14:11
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Update on library visits

Dear All,

Just to let you know what response I've had so far...

Janette Young has very kindly offered to take a small group on a tour
of Stafford College library in Staffordshire. It is a FE library which
has the "unusual arrangement of being split into small study centres to
facilitate resource based learning."

Zainab Jalil has also made a generous offer for visiting Stratford
Library in Newham. It recently beat Peckham by winning "Best New Large
Public Library."

I think both offers are great so I guess it only remains for Janette
and Zainab to let us know which dates would suit them best and perhaps
what their libraries could manage. Perhaps an afternoon tour with a
little talk about the library, its users, services, how it has developed
over the last few years, plans for the future and main current issues
affecting it? This is just a suggestion, please don't feel under any
obligation!

As well as thanking Janette and Zainab I would like to thank Jane
Bryder for letting me know about the open days at the British Library's
Newspaper Library in Colindale Avenue. The next three open days are 4th
July, 5th September and 7th November. They all start at 1.45pm and last
2 hours. To book a place phone 020 7412 7359 or e-mail [log in to unmask] .
They also arrange special group visits and if there is enough interest
out there I'd be happy to try and organise one.

Thanks also to Richard Bailey and Laura Tassoni.

Dunia
This email and any attachment is intended for and confidential to the
addressee.  If you are neither the addressee nor an authorised recipient
for the addressee please notify us of receipt, delete this message from
your system and do not use, copy or disseminate the information in, or
attached to it, in any way.

Our messages are checked for viruses but please note that we do not
accept
liability for any viruses which may be transmitted in or with this
message.
The College of Law of England and Wales.  Registered charity No 271297