 Hi all,
I managed to beat the deadline knowing if i left it
that long i would probably miss it altogether. My
report was accepted at the last meeting and I can now
proudly put MCLIP after my name (at last.....)
I didn't put a seperate section for future development
needs but raised ith throughout the report where it
was appropriate. It was tempting to cut them out but i
remembered my mentors advice on that one. She pointed
out that one of the key things they were interested in
was showing that you could recognise areas where you
need to develop further, as well as learning from
experience.
Ialso had the problem of several employers. My first
post ended up working for 3 different hospital
libraries as they were part-time, and when I moved to
Stafford the Trust I worked for first collaborated
with another truat for library services and then
merged joining two library services into one. This all
had to be covered in some way.
I used the themed approach and tended to give examples
from the most appropriate period of service for that
topic. You don't have to give a potted history of your
career you have to show how you have developed
professionally. this does not get you out of including
things like organisation charts etc but they can be
put in the appendices. I was afraid that these might
be a bit big but they were all either relevant and
referred to in the report ie a published evaluation or
were required such as job descriptions.
it took me over 4 years but I did it and I am sure you
all can too
All the best
Fiona Rees