I am very interested to see what other people are writing about. I was going
to include something on copyright and unification and maybe another area.

I am still undecided as to whether I will write a PDR or compile a
portfolio. Although, at present I am making notes as if I will write a
report.

I was interested in Hilary's response that she didn't write a lot about
professional awareness. In my job I have a limited number of training days /
days I can take away from work for courses as I work according to the school
year, so there is also limit to the conferences etc I could attend in my own
time. So I am somewhat limited as to what I could include on an a personal
experience front regarding awareness.

I know Andrew summarised advise on the length of sections for a PDR, but
shouldn't we write a few hundred words on wider professional awareness? I
thought it would be equally important to demonstrate that we are aware of
our professional surroundings, as it is to demonstrate that we are capable
of doing our jobs; and putting theory into practice? - Is professional
awareness normally a separate section or should we be referring to these
issues in other relevant sections? I'm a little confused!

Ruth

Ruth Buckingham
LRC Manager
Wellington School