A number of you will have already learnt of the sudden and untimely death of
the Chair of the Chartership Board a few days ago.

The Board meeting scheduled for the 18th September was postponed as a mark
of respect.  However, the meeting has been rearranged and the completion of
assessments and the confirmation of results will proceed after a short
delay. We know that you will all understand that these are exceptional and
most unfortunate circumstances and we hope that you will be patient with us.

****
Susan Kay
Professional Adviser
Membership, Careers & Qualifications Department
T: 020 7255 0612

CILIP:  the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals was
formed in April 2002 following the unification of the Institute of
Information Scientists and the Library Association
****