Apologies on cross posting.

Dear all

Vacancy at Liverpool Medical Institution Library.

We need an enthusiastic Chartered Librarian to fill the post of Assistant
Librarian.

Salary range: £16,106 - £19,592

Liverpool Medical Institution is an independent learned society medical
library founded in 1779. We provide postgraduate multidisciplinary library
services to our members using print and electronic resources. We also
provide document supply services to health libraries in the NorthWest.

In addition we have considerable historical resources in our pre 19th
century book collections, archives and instrument collections which we are
only just beginning to exploit.

If the prospect of applying your librarianship skills to a multi format
stock covering at least five centuries appeals to you then read on.

You will have at least 2 years post qualification experience preferably in
a medical or health sciences environment. You will be capable of working on
your own initiative and adapting to changing circumstances. You will be
experienced in on-line database searching and you will have excellent
communication and organisational skills.

For the job description and further details contact

Mair Pierce Moulton
Librarian
Liverpool Medical Institution
114 Mount Pleasant,
Liverpool,
L3 5SR
Tel: 0151 709 9125
Fax: 0151 707 2810
E-mail: [log in to unmask] (not the sending address given above)

Application will be by CV, closing date Tuesday 12th November 2002.

The Library
Liverpool Medical Institution
114 Mount Pleasant
Liverpool