Dear LIHNN members

So far I have had 3 volunteers to join the group. Is there a Library Assistant out ther who would be interested in joining? Can Library Managers check with their staff who perhaps don't see the LIHNN list please.
I'm sending around the text from my original e-mail just in case!...

Please e-mail me by Wednesday 21st August if you would like to join us. If
there are too many volunteers I'll do my lame impersonation of a magician
and draw names out of a hat!!

Text:

Gwenda Mynott, Kay Bankier, Joanne Shawcross and Rosalind McNally have just
completed their 2 year membership of the LIHNN  Training and Development
Group and we are  looking for 4 new members of the group.

Marketing bit(!):

Do you want to help decide and deliver the training and development
programme for all your colleagues?
Can you attend a meeting (usually every 2-3  months) for a morning session
usually in Central Manchester?
Do you have something to say about what training and development
opportunities should be made available?
Do you have an interest in training and development?

If you can answer yes to one or all of the above then why not volunteer to
become a member of the
group.

To ensure we get the balance of the group right we are particularly looking
for:
1 other Library Manager, 1 other Assistant Librarian and 2 Library
Assistants
to join us but this does not exclude anyone else.

The Facts:

The group currently consists of:

Gwenda Mynott - Stockport (Library Manager)
Joanne Shawcross - Furness (Assistant Librarian)
Kay Bankier - Preston Acute (Library Assistant)
Ross McNally - Nat. Primary Care R&D Centre (Library Manager)
Linda Ferguson - HCLU
Ann Coyne - South Manchester (Assistant Librarian)
Sam Burgess - Kendal (Library Manager)
Wendy Fiander - Chester College (Library Manager)

Check out the terms of reference for the group on the LIHNN website
www.lihnn.org.uk under LIHNN groups - Panel Groups and see if you would like
to join us. I'm sure current members would be happy to answer any questions
that you might have or contact me if you would like to.

Linda

Linda Ferguson
Deputy Director Health Libraries (CPD)
NW Health Care Libraries Unit