Please changed my e-mail to [log in to unmask]  Thank you so much.

William Jeffery Brown

From: John Robert Victor Prescott <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 12:46:22 +1000

Dear Colleagues, I wonder whether someone with a legal bent might be able
to answer the following question? Rule 51 of the Rules of Procedure
[Commission on the Limits of the Continental Shelf, 1998]notes that the
recommendations of the Commission regarding an application from a state
will be submitted in writing to the Secretary-General and to the claimant
state. Are those recommendations then made public?

The reason for asking this is that only with knowledge of the
recommendations can a third party judge whether the boundary proclaimed by
the coastal state  rests 'on the basis of these recommendations' [Article
76 (8)]. The Commission itself does not seem to have the power to make such
an assessment.
If this point has already been dealt with in the literature I apologise for
not having encountered it. Sincerely, Victor Prescott

JRV  and DF Prescott
44,Lucas Street,
East Brighton
Victoria 3187