Colleagues,
I have received an enquiry from a German student wishing to do a PhD on German international and internal-state level enclaves during the twentieth century. He is particularly interested in their governance (presumably how autonomous they were relative to the polity to which they belonged), and how/why some were eliminated but some remain.
Can anyone suggest possible supervisors to approach with regard to such a topic, at universities in Germany/Switzerland/Austria, or elsewhere in Europe, particularly academics in law, history or geography? Or if there is such an academic on this list, would (s)he be interested in supervising such a topic?

Replies/suggestions to me please, and I will forward them on.

Thank you

Brendan Whyte
University of Melbourne