Von: Kevin McGrew [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 23. Juni 2002 14:08
An: IAPCHC Listserv; [log in to unmask]
Betreff: [IAPCHC] Dr Carroll seeks feedback on his "g+10 broad factors"
chapter

Dear listserv member.

On behalf of Dr. John Carroll, the author of the seminal 1993 book on
"Human cognitive abilities", I'm forwarding the following message and
attachment.  Dr. Carroll would like to collect feedback from assessment
professionals who have read the chapter he wrote for an edited book by
H. Nyborg dealing with the topic of g (and dedicated to A. Jensen).
This chapter was posted to the IAP CHC list "files" folder last fall,
and it did generate some discussion.  The purpose of this message is to
bring this chapter back to the attention of the listserv members in
order to elicit feedback that Dr. Carroll would then analyze.
Therefore, for those who are interested, please read the attached
copyrighted version of the chapter.  Then, for those who have reactions,
comments, etc., please articulate them to the entire list.  The threads
that pursue will be forwarded to Dr. Carroll.

Below is a copy of Dr. Carroll's original message.

The title of the chapter is "The higher stratum structure of cognitive
abilities:  Current evidence supports g and about ten broad factors."
The evidence used in the chapter are the WJ-R norm correlation matrices