We would like to inform you of the launching of the on-line journal Interactive Educational Multimedia, issue number 4, which is devoted to multimedia technologies applied to education.

You can visit IEM at http://www.ub.es/multimedia/iem.

This is a monographic issue about “Adaptative Educational Multimedia”, coordinated by Dr. Kinshuk. The selected articles for this number are:

-           Creating Cost-effective Adaptive Educational Hypermedia Based on Markup Technologies and eLearning Standards, by Fernandez-Manjon and Sancho.

-          Content Development for eLearning in Engineering Education, by Gupta.

-          Personalised Learning: Educational, Technological and Standardisation Perspective, by Sampson and Karagiannidis.

-          Supporting Personalization in a Web-Based Course Through the Definition of Role-Based Access Policies, by Aedo et al.

-          Animated Pedagogical Agent in the Intelligent Virtual Teaching Environment, by Nunes et al.

-          Applying Evolutionary Prototyping Model in Developing Stream-based Lecturing, by Chen and  Huang.

-          Ob-AHEM: A UML-Enabled Model for Adaptive Educational Hypermedia Applications, by Papasalouros and Retalis

-          Teaching Biology in Primary and Secondary Schools with the Help of the Dynamic HTML and Web Virtual Reality (Web3d) Projects, by Amon.

IEM has a biannual periodicity, by which you will receive our new issue by October coming. We invite you to subscribe, freely, to our journal, so that you will periodically receive the table of contents of any forthcoming issues. We would also like to thank you for your participation.

Thank you very much for your attention,

Multimedia Teaching and Learning Research Group, University of Barcelona (ICE)
http://www.ub.es/multimedia

Interactive Educational Multimedia journal