My apologies to those who receive multiple postings of this invitation!

TO: Friends of Werner Schreyer

FROM:  Ed and Priscilla Grew, and Barb Dutrow

This year's recepient of the Roebling Medal of the Mineralogical
Society of America, the highest honor given by the MSA, is
Prof. Werner Schreyer of Ruhr-Universitaet, Bochum,  Germany.

To celebrate, you are cordially invited to join us in honoring
Prof. Schreyer at a special reception the evening before he
receives the Roebling Medal. The reception will be held:

        on Monday, October 28, 2002, from 8 to 10:30 p.m.
        in the Nat Hill Room of the Denver Marriott Hotel

If you are unable to attend, we encourage you to write a letter
or note for us to give to Werner--we will collect these items
and give them to him as a memento of the evening. If you would
like to send a hard copy letter, please address it to Werner
and put it in an envelope addressed to:

Priscilla Grew
Dept. of Geosciences
301 Bessey Hall
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Lincoln, NE  68588-0340

If you prefer, you can also send a letter as an attachment to an
email to Priscilla Grew at [log in to unmask] (note that it is a
numeral one before @ and an L in unl). If you have any questions
about the plans for this event, please contact Priscilla Grew
at phone 402: 472-7854; fax 402:472-4917; email  [log in to unmask]

There are tickets remaining to the MSA luncheon where Prof. Schreyer
will be presented with the Roebling Medal. These can be purchased on
site at GSA.