Dear Colleagues,

I'm currently spending a few weeks in Perth searching for moments of
divine creativity between the beach and the local Shiraz. I whish you
all could be here and share it with me.

As I'm kind of representing Western Europe here, I have been
contacted by a few of the local Chinese guys interested in
metamorphism and thus in the field guide advertised by Brown. Now, as
it turns out that Ballachulish is pronounced very similar to the
Cantonese word for 'kilt', they don't have any problem with that.
However, they are asking me how to pronounce 'Aureole'. Should it be:
oilyol or perhaps oilyoil (which immediately sounds appealing to me
as a petroleum producer ) - and should the last syrabble be
pronounced ol=E9 with a slight punch like the Spanish bullfighters do
it ?
Or perhaps 'oirryoil' would be better - with the sound of a Canadian
chain saw..
As you understand - as a poor Norwegian - I'm really confused, and
ask for your assistance. But I'm gonna buy the book anyhow..

Respectfully yours
BJorn
--

Professor Bjorn Jamtveit