Members of GEM are invited to join us for an open evening in the new London before London gallery at the Museum of London.

The open evening is FREE but places must be booked in advance.

To book please contact the Box Office on 020 7814 5777 or at

Teachers' open evening

London before London

Wednesday 4 December

5.30 - 8.00pm

An exclusive opportunity for teachers to visit our exciting and innovative new gallery London before London.

London before London tells the story of the Thames Valley and the people who lived there from about 450,000BC to the coming of the Romans in AD50. The gallery examines the changes wrought on the landscape by natural and human agencies, the centrality of the Thames to the history of the Valley, the adaptability of human communities in the Valley and the legacy of the prehistoric period.

Find out about a brand new gallery drama session for schools that has been designed to support Geography at KS2. Meet our new character Tamesibuga, an Iron Age woman who lived through the Roman invasion and settlement.

We are also offering a special Thames foreshore visit in conjunction with the gallery drama sessions. Meet the workshop leader to find out more about it.

A free new teachers' resource supporting KS2 Geography and linking to History, Design & Technology and Science will be previewed on the night.

The evening includes:

·        A curator's talk about London before London gallery

·        An introduction to the new school sessions

·        Gallery drama performance

·        Private view of the gallery

·        Museum shop open with 10% discount

·        Education services booking

·        Refreshments